If ever an actor should play Syd Barrett in a biopic...
eviltimeban
2006-06-20 21:14:32 UTC
It should be this guy:

<url="Loading Image...">

http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey537.html

http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey544.html

[URL=http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey543.html]http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey543.html[/URL]
(he's the image of "Madcap" era Syd in this one)
m***@aol.com
2006-06-21 00:38:04 UTC
Good call!

-styles
<url="http://www.caseyaffleck.com/caseysquare.jpg">
Moke G
2006-06-21 21:16:04 UTC
Crikey, it does look like him doesn't it.

Moke G.
Post by m***@aol.com
Good call!
-styles
Chicago Mike
2006-06-25 18:36:39 UTC
OK let's figure out the rest of the cast. For a modern day Roger, we have
Richard Gere. I am not sure about back in the day though.

Other suggestions...
Post by Moke G
Crikey, it does look like him doesn't it.
Moke G.
Post by m***@aol.com
Good call!
-styles
oldpink
2006-06-25 18:41:53 UTC
Post by Chicago Mike
OK let's figure out the rest of the cast. For a modern day Roger, we have
Richard Gere. I am not sure about back in the day though.
Cyrano Deborgerac?
Jimmy Durante?
Pinnochio?
[...]
And what exactly is a joke?
Mark Rae
2006-06-25 20:32:47 UTC
Post by oldpink
Post by Chicago Mike
OK let's figure out the rest of the cast. For a modern day Roger, we have
Richard Gere. I am not sure about back in the day though.
Cyrano Deborgerac?
Jimmy Durante?
Pinnochio?
ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away...
Caffe Mocha
Bob Denver!
landline
2006-06-28 15:08:28 UTC
Post by eviltimeban
<url="http://www.caseyaffleck.com/caseysquare.jpg">
http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey537.html
http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey544.html
[URL=http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey543.html]http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey543.html[/URL]
(he's the image of "Madcap" era Syd in this one)
Uncanny. Rick's son would have to play Rick as he identical to his
dad at the same age. John Candy as Dave.
eviltimeban
2006-06-28 16:27:53 UTC
Post by landline
Post by eviltimeban
<url="http://www.caseyaffleck.com/caseysquare.jpg">
http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey537.html
http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey544.html
[URL=http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey543.html]http://www.caseyaffleck.com/casey543.html[/URL]
(he's the image of "Madcap" era Syd in this one)
Uncanny. Rick's son would have to play Rick as he identical to his
dad at the same age. John Candy as Dave.
:-) Actually there was a dude in Almost Famous who'd be a good Dave, he
was one of the "Topeca" kids, the guy driving the van, who brought
Russell and Patrick Fugit's character to the party. I'll try and get a
picture of him to post. Not sure if he's a decent actor though, he's a
ringer for a young Gilmour!
eviltimeban
2006-06-28 16:31:53 UTC
eviltimeban wrote:>
Post by eviltimeban
:-) Actually there was a dude in Almost Famous who'd be a good Dave, he
was one of the "Topeca" kids, the guy driving the van, who brought
Russell and Patrick Fugit's character to the party. I'll try and get a
picture of him to post. Not sure if he's a decent actor though, he's a
ringer for a young Gilmour!
Found him - didn't take long:

(that's him in the driver's seat)

Dave wouldn't really feature much in a Barrett movie though... except
just at the end!
Mike Espinoza
2006-06-28 16:38:03 UTC
Post by eviltimeban
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0266529/Ss/0266529/FLT_01.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0266529
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0591501/HH/0591501/FLT_39.JPG?path=gallery&path_key=0266529
(that's him in the driver's seat)
Dave wouldn't really feature much in a Barrett movie though... except
just at the end!
Leonardo DiCaprio should play Dave.
Mike E.
eviltimeban
2006-06-28 16:41:28 UTC
Post by Mike Espinoza
Post by eviltimeban
Dave wouldn't really feature much in a Barrett movie though... except
just at the end!
Leonardo DiCaprio should play Dave.
--
Mike E.
Maybe in a full-on biopic... I don't think he'd do it for a small part.
Don't really think he's got the lips though! :-)

Question is, would Casey Afflect fatten up for the later years? It
would be an incredibly depressing ending to a movie, but the final
scene could be with the fat, bald Barrett showing up at Abbey Road in
'75 while they are mixing "Shine On", ending with a "was that Syd??"
moment, to the tune of that song in the fade out... :-(
eviltimeban

Mike Espinoza
2006-06-28 17:07:55 UTC
Post by eviltimeban
Post by Mike Espinoza
Post by eviltimeban
Dave wouldn't really feature much in a Barrett movie though... except
just at the end!
Leonardo DiCaprio should play Dave.
--
Mike E.
Maybe in a full-on biopic... I don't think he'd do it for a small part.
He's done other bit parts. Besides, I think you are downplaying Dave's
part in Syd's story.
Post by eviltimeban
Don't really think he's got the lips though! :-)
That's a matter of opinion, but I'm not about to debate the look of a
bloke's lips. You can't deny the resemblence, though.
Post by eviltimeban
Question is, would Casey Afflect fatten up for the later years? It
would be an incredibly depressing ending to a movie, but the final
scene could be with the fat, bald Barrett showing up at Abbey Road in
'75 while they are mixing "Shine On", ending with a "was that Syd??"
moment, to the tune of that song in the fade out... :-(
No. They would have to use prosthetics or a different actor entirely.
That, and dark lighting.

--
Mike E.